Thursday, October 07, 2004

You Still Touch Me

Woke up with Sting's "You Still Touch Me" in my head this morning. After thinking about the lyrics, I don't think it represents much at all. At least it's an upbeat, mostly positive song. However, it got me to think about the worst CD purchase I made this past year -- Sting's Sacred Love. What has happened to that guy? I think he's focusing on writing for another Jaguar commercial instead of writing decent songs.

Yesterday turned out to be better than expected. I wasn't laid off, so that's good. I guess I'll be hanging on a little longer. I'm just tired of working in this rumor mill. It gets old quick. It's kind of funny, we were told about our merger with another company, and how that may lead to layoffs, on my 4th anniversary here. I told some friends that it was like your spouse telling you on your wedding anniversary that she's thinking of divorce. Then, everyday that you come home to her (or work, in this case), it's miserable, knowing that the inevitable is around the corner.

There are many other similarities between work and a relationship. I can't be 100% on the prowl for a new job, I still have to concentrate on my current job while at the office (just like a guy can't be on the prowl for a new relationship while you're still committed to your spouse ... but it doesn't mean that you can't start looking!). I did receive a phone call yesterday from someone who saw my resume on Monster. It sounded legit at first -- marketing health care, right up my alley. However, after talking to her some, I figured out it was a vitamin selling pyramid scam. Great.

Lisa comes back today, it will be good to see her, it's been a while. We're hoping to go to the Greek Festival tonight (it's that season to eat food on a stick!), but the 90% chance of thunderstorms may keep us away. I need to think of an alternative plan. It really doesn't matter what we do, it will be nice to just be together. Uggh, that sounds so cheesy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home