Friday, October 08, 2004

Captain Kirk

No surprise that I woke up with a Bob Schneider song in my head this morning ("Captain Kirk") since Lisa and I are going to see him tonight at the Engine Room. We're going to meet my co-worker Josh and his girlfriend there, I think Lisa will like them. Anyway, this will be our second time to see him live this year. We saw him at the Mucky Duck a few months ago and he put on a great show. Lisa's never seen him with a full band, so I think she'll like this.

It's a shame that ol' Bob hasn't caught on with the mainstream. His new CD I'm Good Now is definitely the best pop-rock record of the year. Oh well, what do you expect from the mind-numbing music industry these days. I guess his music is too good for radio. Oh, we ran into him at the Finn Brothers show in Austin, so it's good to know that Bob has excellent taste. ;-)

This is going to be a marathon weekend. Tonight starts with Brent's rehearsal dinner and then the actual rehearsal. Then to downtown for Bob Schneider afterwards. Tomorrow, I'll have to wake up early to make it to the church by 10 a.m. to do my groomsmen duties. The wedding and reception should be over by 4, giving me a couple of hours of rest before Lisa and I go to the Greek Festival and then to the Mucky Duck for yet another concert, Paul Thorn. Then Sunday, it's the Texans game at noon. Whew. Maybe I should take a day off Monday to rest!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home