Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Everyday

Everyday - it's a gettin' closer/goin' faster than a roller coaster/love like yours will surely come my way. My morning earworm was, unfortunately, the cheesy James Taylor easy-listening version of this Buddy Holly classic. Life is a roller coaster, and I've been riding it non-stop for the past two weeks. No new news on the job front. I'm going to step up my efforts today and make some follow-up calls. My boss is out of town, and things are slow here, so that should allow me more time to job search.

Everyday - it's a gettin' faster/everyone says go ahead and ask her/love like yours will surely come my way. No surprise, my friend James called late yesterday afternoon to cancel dinner plans -- he had an upset stomach. I wasn't very sympathetic on the phone, and I'm sure he could tell. It's hard to be sympathetic when he cancels 9 times out of 10. He "rescheduled" for tonight. I'll wait to hear from him, but, if something else comes along, I'm going to jump on it, I'm not waiting around.

Everyday seems a little longer/every way - love's a little stronger/come what may - do you ever long for/true love from me? His cancellation was actually a blessing in disguise. My college buddy Kenny called (10 minutes after James) to see if I wanted to watch the Astros game with him at this sports bar. I almost forgot that the final division game was tonight. So I went, and 3 other buddies showed up, too. Yes, we beat the Braves 12-3 :-) It was an awesome game! I need to go jogging today to work off the chips and queso and beer.

(By the way, those lyrics have nothing to do with today's post, I just thought I would throw them in)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home