Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Trying to Throw Your Arms Around the World

Six o'clock in the morning/You're the last to hear the warning/You've been trying to throw your arms Around the world. Nice earworm to wake up to this morning, from U2's 1991 CD Achtung Baby. I'm anticipating the release of their new CD (How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb) next month, though I'm trying to not get my hopes up. Chances are, it won't be as good as 2001's All That You Can't Leave Behind. That was such a great comeback album for them. I've downloaded the first single "Vertigo" from iTunes, but I still haven't transferred it to my iPod yet (that probably shows my enthusiasm for the song).

I love Fall weather in Houston, what little we have of it. My top is down on my Jeep and the ride home was amazing. I also went for a jog on the jogging trail near my house ... perfect! Finally had a productive night at home -- got some clothes washed, called my cousin in Illinois and caught up with him, and finally called one of my best friends from college, Rick, who now lives in Kansas with his wife and 2 children. We haven't talked in over a year, which is way too long. I'm hoping to plan another ski trip with him soon.

A woman needs a man/Like a fish needs a bicycle. I still love that line from that U2 song. Yeah, I know it's an old feminist saying. I don't believe that line to be true, though. As I get older, I realize how much men need women and vice-versa. Believe me, I struggle with it because I love my independence, but the thought of having a woman by my side through thick and thin is amazing. This really comes to light when you go through tough times like I am now. It's nice knowing that I have someone else to help lift me up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home