Thursday, October 14, 2004

Rocksteady

Marc Broussard is a relatively new artist out of Louisiana. He's a white guy in his early 20's, but from listening to his new CD Carencro you would swear he's a 50-something year old black man. This is first full-length major label debut -- more commercial sounding than his EP he released last year. There are some good (but polished) bluesy-rock songs on here that really showcase his voice. My earworm this morning, though, was his catchy, poppy, very-commercial-sounding song "Rocksteady," which I'm sure will be his next single. Throw away lyrics on this one, so I won't even go through it.

I watched the Astros-Cardinals playoff game and the debate with friends last night. Astros lost, so I'm bummed. Jay and I are going to go somewhere to watch game 2 tonight, hopefully they will turn it around. The debate wasn't much better. W did a better job, but I still found myself talking to the TV and giving him pointers on what he should say. Either W is doing much worse than he did in 2000 or Kerry is a much better debater than Gore was (it's probably the latter). Yes, I'm more on the conservative side fiscally and somewhat socially, but there are things that the Republican party believe in that just make me cringe (like the whole stem cell thing, get off it!). I'll save my political rants for another time.

It's a beautiful day here in Houston -- sunny and 70 degrees. You got to enjoy these days while you can. Unfortunately, I have a little upset stomach, but hopefully it will go away. That's all for today, sorry for being so shallow. ;-)



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home