Friday, October 15, 2004

Float On

Alright don't worry even if things end up a bit too heavy/We'll all float on alright. A song that took me a while to enjoy ("Float On" Modest Mouse), but once it gets in your head, it's hard to get it out -- just like this morning. It's fitting that songs with "everything's going to be OK" lyrics keep popping up, so many threatening things are happening in my life right now that I need some inspiration. You know about my job situation, but I also found out yesterday that my mortgage is going up $150/month because of the new appraisal of my house. I'm already spending more than I make each month, it's time to cut back even more.

Lisa really wants us to go to New England in two weeks. I want to go, but I have a hard time thinking about it because of the money and job situation. I just don't think it makes sense to go now. Plus, we've gone on many trips this year, more than I usually do in one year. She and I are going to have to have another heart to heart about this this weekend.

So Jay calls me last night to say he can't go watch the game because he has a flat tire. I don't believe him, and that's awful. He just has such a bad track record of lying to me that my first instinct is not to believe him. For a long time, I've tried to keep our friendship inline without worrying about the lying, but I don't think I can anymore. Next time we do something, I'm going to have to bring it up -- friendships should show mutual respect.

I ended up meeting Kenny and Mike at that sports bar again to watch the Astros lose. Man, I hope the Astros can get their act together by tomorrow. My Dad and niece's birthday party Sunday is all I have planned for the weekend. After last weekend's adventures, I'm kind of glad. I have no plans for tonight, which always concerns me. I don't know why I have this need to always be out on a weekend night. I have plenty to do at home. I think it's a combination of restlessness, fear of loneliness, and fear of missing out on something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home