Friday, November 12, 2004

World Where You Live

When friends come round/You might remember and be sad/Behind their eyes is unfamiliar/Do you climb into space/To the world where you live. It was just a matter of time until I woke up to a Crowded House song. This song reminds me of my friend Jay. He's been very strange lately, I think I was getting too personal with him the last time we were out. I can't help it, it's the "big brother" in me again. I get the feeling that I've asked him too many questions -- he quickly changed the subject again and hasn't been around as much lately (the questions weren't that deep either, just "so are you thinking of going back to school?", "how's the lovelife?" and "are you still thinking of moving?"). I'm beginning to think that I don't know the world where he lives -- literally. I worry about him.

It's finally cold down here in Houston. The high today is only in the 50's, which is like a mid-winter's day for us. Lisa comes back into town today, and we have a busy schedule this weekend -- dinner with her friends tonight, charity function tomorrow night, and a BBQ with her friends on Sunday. Oh, and I found out that I offered myself to help a friend's friend move tomorrow morning. I was asked over my 3rd glass of wine -- I don't think that's fair. Talk to you next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home