Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Bite Your Tongue

Such an annoying conversation/I'm sorry but I'm tired of trying/To be some picture of compassion.../and anyway it sounds like I'm lying.../and yes I've heard the words has conspired/To steal away your god-given right/To a happy home and comfortable children/Next you'll sue them for abandoning you. I love the lyrics to this morning's earworm, from Duncan Sheik (remember, the guy who sang "Barely Breathing" in 1997?). It's basically a song about self-pity, and how you should just get over it. I find a need to take the lyrics to heart myself sometimes. I take life so seriously and worry over the smallest things, I have to remind myself that "I'm not the only one"

Oh, christ...it's gonna sound like I'm agreeing/With the most ultra-boring ideas/Of pops psychological western gurus/Who haven't gotten lucky in years.../and so you see I have no intention/Of giving you the easy way out/yes I'll smile as I burn the self-help section/Of my local bookstore. I had lunch yesterday with my friends and old college buddies Kyle and Kenny. We're planning a guy trip to our old college town late next week. One of my female friends thinks that we're going to be disappointed and feel old after seeing all of the young ones there. I don't think so. We still act like 21 year olds when we're together. ;-) Seriosuly, it'll be a nice getaway -- do some golfing bar-hopping, and remininscing with the boys.

Blame the shapes and blame the angles/Blame it on your own dark planes/If you blame on something other.../The victim's somg remains.../Bite your tongue/You're not the only one/Who's been let down/Bite your tongue/Maybe it's good for you/To hit the ground. Today, I'm going to a luncheon with this business association that I belong to. These monthly meetings are supposed to be good for networking, but I spend most of my time trying to get away from vendors who want my business. I've got to do mroe networking, my current job is definitely depressing me. I feel less of a man. Wait ... bite my tongue..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home