Thursday, November 04, 2004

You Should Be Dancing

I apologize for being sporadic on these posting lately, I've been really busy. I tried to blog yesterday, but my PC wouldn't let me. So, you get me today ... on the day when I wake up with the Bee Gees. That's scary in itself. Even though "A Night at Studio 54" was the first record my sister and I received (in 1978), I truly hate disco music. The revival of the 70's in the 90's was enough to make me puke, too. I'm truly and 80's child. ;-)

Ever since W officially won the election yesterday, I've been scanning liberal websites, including Michael "Moron" Moore's and Barbra Streisand's, to see what their reaction was. Moore's was predictably bitter, Babs had nothing to say, and the rest wee just shocked. I read one posting on a Democrat website that said the following:

"So long as the South continues to be less educated, continued higher divorce rates and have a smaller economy than the money makers on the West Coast and North East, they'll continue to vote Republican. The irony is, the 'educated' states such as Mass. NY, Conn, California, Washington etc. places that have higher taxes but also have better education, white collar job growth and higher standard of living are democrats, something the South just doesn't seem to get."

My response was:

"This statement displays one of the largest problems with the Democrat party -- not understanding the true America. That first line is very elitist. Also, coming from Texas, I know for a fact that education, divorce, and economics has nothing to do with who you vote for. As a matter of fact, from my experience, I think the less educated in the South tend to vote more Democrat. I've visited some of those blue states in the past two years, I see more problems there than I do here in Texas (race is the biggest difference, race relations are much better in Texas than they are in "less educated" Texas). In closing, I think it's the elitist thinking ("you need me and government to get you through life") that will ultimately do the Democrats in."

Uggh, I get so tired of it. Thank God it's over. I guess it's time to focus on 2008 ... (I'm pulling for Condi Rice!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home