Thursday, October 21, 2004

You and I Both

Was it you who spoke the words that things would happen but not to me/Oh things are gonna happen naturally/And taking your advice I'm looking on the bright side /And balancing the whole thing/But often times those words get tangled up in lines/And the bright lights turn to night/Until the dawn it brings/A little bird who'll sing about the magic that was you and me. Why is it that I usually awake to softer earworms? Maybe since its so early. I mean, do you really want to take up with "Welcome to the Jungle" in your head? This Jason Mraz song is beautiful, so you'll have to put up with me putting in more lyrics than normal.

and it's okay if you have go away/just remember the telephone works both ways/and if I never ever hear it ring/if nothing else I'll think the bells inside /have finally found you someone else and that's okay/cause I'll remember everything you sang. Well, the Astros lost last night, they have one last chance tonight. With Clemens pitching, I feel pretty good about it, but, like Boston, Houston seems to have a problem coming through in the end. Maybe we'll be as lucky as the Red Sox ;-)

Cause you and I both loved/What you and I spoke of/What you and I spoke of/Others only dream of the love that I love. I'm getting excited about the trip. It's already taking my mind off my other issues (somewhat). Jay and I are finally going to get together either tonight or tomorrow. I hope I have the guts to be honest with him. He seems to back away when I bring up personal issues, but I'm tired of us beating around the bush. We're friends, and we need to talk like friends if we're going to keep the friendship together. He's a great guy, just very insecure. See, out comes the big brother in me, I feel like I should help him on his insecurity. I don't know why, it's not my job. I think I was meant to be someone's big brother. ;-)

On the political front, here's some "staggering" news ... Kerry wins by a landslide on MTV's Rock the Vote. Wow. Imagine that. MTV fans voting for a Democrat. That's not news, that's the same ole... It doesn't matter who's on the Democrat ticket, it could even be Saddam, he would still win the Rock the Vote poll. A Republican never will. Come on people (and kids), think for yourselves. Really look into issues and candidates stances on them. Their TRUE stances, not the crap they say on TV.


3 Comments:

At October 21, 2004 at 8:15 AM, Blogger Thomas J. Brown said...

This morning I woke up with Monty Python's song, I Like Chinese. I wonder what that means.

 
At October 22, 2004 at 7:01 AM, Blogger Morning Earworm said...

I think it means it's time for some General Tso's Chicken. Hey, at least it wasn't "The Lumberjack Song" or "Sit On My Face." I like your blog, by the way. I'm an ex-radio DJ, too.

 
At October 22, 2004 at 10:21 AM, Blogger Thomas J. Brown said...

Maybe that's why we wake up with weird earworms.

This morning I was going through the parrot sketch while I was brushing my teeth. I don't know why Monty Python gets in my head. Yesterday in the shower I was doing the fish license sketch.

I better start watching more Eddie Izzard so that I can contemporize my British comedy routines. -)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home