Wednesday, October 20, 2004

I Met A Girl

I met a girl I'd like to know better/but I'm already with someone. First off, this morning earworm from the band Wheat has nothing to do with my life now. :-) Such a catchy song, but I heard the album sucks. So download it from iTunes for 99 cents.

The interview went very well yesterday. It turns out that this recruiting company specializes in contract jobs, though the one they are having me interview for next week is a direct hire. The position sounds similar to what I am doing now. My interview with the actual company is next week. They asked me if I liked hunting and fishing -- come to find out, the guys I will be interviewing with are big outdoorsman. I love the outdoors, but not necessarily to catch or kill anything. Oh well, I can act with the best of them.

Lisa and I finalized our trip to D.C. last night. The hotels are more expensive than I thought. I'm going with a clear mind, though. It will be a nice getaway. We're staying near DuPont Circle, which is supposed to be a happening part of town. I doubt I'll see W there ;-)

Speaking of, I'm getting so tired of politics. It's bad on each side, but worse with the Democrats, in my opinion. They talk down to people as if they are idiots -- saying that the Republicans will reinstate the draft (which is an interesting comment, considering that the Democrats proposed it a few months ago and no Republican voted for it), take away your health care, and bring back slavery (an exaggeration on what they say, but that's the basic point). Democrats have taken the general public for granted for three decades now. Anyone with half a brain can see through their b.s. Feel free to comment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home